D-Day by Jack

It was a bad day, a very bad day; I was frozen in my soggy wet boots. I could hear the constant roar of the hundreds of boat all around me. Surly all of this power will defeat the Nazis?

The thing that bothered me the most is that my chest what so tight with fear I couldn’t breathe.

I was dreading the sound of that whistle which tells you that you had to go on to the beach to the dreaded Germans! The same sound you heard when you had to go over the trench. It felt the same; the same worry I got when I heard stories from World War One from my long lost relatives.

Then it hit me…the feeling that I was going to let my county down; the felling that I was going to see the men all around me fall;  the feeling that I won’t return home.

I could now hear the command from the sergeant echoing in my messed up mind. Suddenly, the order that I did not want to come, “Ramps down in 30 seconds”

I started counting down in my head, “29, 28, 27…”

I was terrified! I had ten seconds to go before all of our cover is gone.  As the ramp was going down I tried to hide behind one of the other men. I felt like a coward, so I moved. In that split second a bullet skimmed my helmet mean while I could see the men all around me collapsing as bullets penetrated their bodies.

Then it got me! It hit me straight in the shoulder. It felt like I was being stabbed by 100 knives as blood was pouring out of my body fast, very fast. Soon I didn’t have the military green clothes I had blood red clothes. I could not hang on much longer, but I didn’t want to because of the pain.  As I took my last breath I saw all of the bodies of my friends dead!